Igniting Within

Igniting Within

Bay Area Bred, World Wide Bound

One Step At A Time Down The Aisle

The "Make-up" Your Mind Aisle

Once and a while I go into the cosmetic aisle to browse the latest products. I think to myself, who do I want to be? What face should I put on today? I think many girls out there struggle with the concept of self love.

I'm not anti-makeup, but simply applying or not applying make up purely to please others or not is something women are struggling with. When I was younger I definitely felt the need to cake on make up no matter how terribly the outcome would look... As a grew older I didn't feel the need to put on as much make up because I didn't want to put on that much make up, not because someone told me I was wearing too much. In this day and age I understand the necessity of wanting to be one with society. Especially with the daunting social media and gorgeous photoshopped women plastered around the world how could a young girl not be intimidated and men not be fooled?

I'm not a huge make up person nor am I an anti-makeup advocate. I understand and appreciate both. I would say I'm in the middle of this spectrum respectfully appreciating all women. When a woman decides to wear falsies and sport a bright red lip or present her naked face imperfections and all I'm nothing, but fascinated with her courage to reveal her personality and/or ambitious confidence. The cosmetic company is designed to lure us in. With brightly LED lights, beautiful packaging, and gorgeous models screaming "you could be me if you buy this" how could we not be tempted to smear black powder across our eye lids and feather on that perfect peachy blush?

Where I see the cosmetic industry failing is when women have this idea that wearing make up is to impress someone else or society overall. It's difficult to find this happy medium of looking like a barbie doll or a walking zombie, but when you glow pure radiance and confidence what ever may be or not be on one's face will not matter isn't that what the real message should be?

I guess my point here is to remind women, not matter what age or race to embrace themselves. Self love is real and it's not for one to feel ashamed of. Perfect that wing liner, dust on that sparkling blush, and pout those luscious lips to apply that amazing matte lip stain. However, let those freckles shine, the lip color you have be seen, and the acne scars breathe and relax. Do what you want to do, not what you think others will want from you. There's always going to be one person who doesn't agree with what you're doing, but that's their problem not your own.

Take one step at a time to find yourself and love yourself.

Love yourself and everything you do. x

No comments:

Post a Comment