Igniting Within

Igniting Within

Bay Area Bred, World Wide Bound

Tarte "tartelette" Palette Review



I was finally able to see this beauty during the Sephora VIB sale. Luckily it came back in stock just in time for that meaning I was nothing less than ecstatic when I saw it. The Tartelette is $44 at Sephora. The reason I was really drawn to this palette is because; 
  1. The colors are gorgeous!
  2. It claims to be a long wear shadow without Parabens or Phthalates while also containing Vitamin E and other minerals in aid towards soothing and smoother skin while being an antioxidant.
  3. Price Point: A 12 all matte shadow palette for $44 that is essentially $3.60 per shadow. 
  4. It's beautiful. :)


 First Impression

Packaging: I'm very meticulous and gracious when it comes to packaging and the little details in a companies work. When Tarte first released this palette I expected the very best of what they had to offer since a majority of their products do considerably well. This is my first Tarte product, however I've experimented with the brushes (I steal from my sister) from time to time and I was impressed to say the least. When I first received the palette the exterior packaging was beautiful. It was classic and simple and felt very expensive. Now when I opened the box it came in and first touched the palette it felt really cheap. The case of the actual palette is a very fake plastic material that reminds one of the days when my mom would buy me some cheap toy from those 25 cent machines. The case of palette wasn't impressive and I was a tad disappointed. 

Now I'm not saying this swung my vote against the "tartelette", but more of an observation and comment about their overall packaging.

Eye Shadow: If you adore matte rich colors I definitely recommend you see this palette in person. No amount of reviews or pictures can really capture the actual product within this palette. Each shadow was indefinitely gorgeous and had a very luxe vibe from them. What I like about this palette is ALL 12 shadows are completely MATTE. Which I've only seen from a couple other cosmetics brands such as Too Faced and Urban Decay.

Highly Pigmented: Does anyone else get this joke? Anyways the shadows in this palette are extremely pigmented, little to no fall out, and it's buttery smooth. When I use a fluffy eye shadow brush it's not overly powdery where the shadow falls everywhere and mixes in with other colors. I would say it's very easy to place on to your lids (recommended with some sort of primer of course) and quite easily blendable. It's not at all chalky for me, which is difficult to achieve with matte colors. I can honestly say for myself at least when I applied this shadow there was no sign of creasing and the colors were very long lasting! Definitely a palette you may want to keep your eye on if you're considering purchasing an all matte shadow palette.


Should I swatch these for you? Or is that boring?


2 comments:

  1. OMG it's beautiful!!! (♡‿‿♡)
    I've been eyeing it ever since it came out but I know I don't need it :c but it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! I didn't need it either... But I bought it anyways :3c

      Delete